I'm engaged! Now what? 5 to dos after you put a ring on it
Updated: Dec 21, 2020
YAY! You've either received or given a sparkly new accessory! Now what? Here are 5 to dos after you put a ring on it.
1. Post a ring selfie on IG! I mean, duh. It's 2020 (or maybe 2021 when you're reading this), so obviously, the first logical step to wedding planning is to post a ring selfie with the adorbs story as your caption. Spread the word to total strangers (and IG stalker wedding pros like myself) by using fun hashtags like #feyonce #fiance #isaidyes #imengaged #wereengaged #howtheyasked #ringselfie #engagedAF #chicagoproposal #chicagoengagement
2. Set a wedding budget. This is the absolute first step to wedding planning. Sit down together & determine a realistic budget for your wedding.
3. Determine your guest count. Keep in mind when narrowing down this list that your wedding budget will increase with each guest you add. Guest count determines your catering/bar bill, floral bill, linen & rentals total, and what size venue you need to book.
4. Decide if you want to hire a wedding planner. No hard feelings if the answer is no, but if you do want to work with a planner, now's the time to decide before you start booking other vendors. A wedding planner can help you allocate your budget appropriately, find the right venue & vendor team, and help you dream up your vision. To get the most bang for your buck, book a planner first to help with the rest.
5. Go on a date! I'm not kidding. It is heartbreaking to me to watch so many couples get so wrapped up in planning a wedding that they forget to enjoy their engagement. You can never get this particular season of your life back, so be intentional about stopping to enjoy the view! Whether it's a bubble bath, champagne & candles, a date night box, or a night out on the town to see your favorite comedian & eat at your favorite restaurant (post-pandemic, of course) make it a point to celebrate the moment & pat yourself on the back for the work you've already gotten done!
Wondering if you need a Wedding Planner?