These are a few of my favorite things
Hey there! For this week's entry to #fridayfaves, here are a few of my favorite things: (btw this is me and my 2 cute girls)
1. Pink - I've had pink hair, love pink lipstick, most of my closet is pink, as is my phone. It couldn't be more girly, but I can't help it, I just really love pink!
2. Coffee - This one is going to seem basic, but really though, I've loved coffee since before it was trendy to like coffee. My grandma, in spite of my parent's unapproval, started giving the grandkids coffee early in life. My earliest memory is about 8 years old. I remember thinking it was so grown up to have a cup of coffee with Grandma. I started drinking it regularly my freshman year of high school and my love affair has continued ever since. Some favorite flavors: hazelnut (the regular stock in our home), toasted almond (probably my all time fave, but since Dunkin discontinued it, has been nearly impossible to find), blueberry (I don't normally drink black coffee, but this right here is the exception) mmmm, and caramel coffee cake.
3. Tacos - I know, I know... I'm seeming more and more basic every second, but I swear! Tacos have had my heart forever. And I'm not talking about Taco Bell tacos (although, I'll never turn down some TBell), I'm talking about authentic Mexican tacos. Favorite kinds of tacos: Carnitas & Al Pastor - gotta have some Pico & Salsa Verde too!
4. Gatlinburg - The 1st time my family vacationed in Gatlinburg, my parent's had given my sister and I the Christmas gift of planning our trip for winter break. They gave us an atlas, budget & a radius and told us to go to town, that we'd be leaving the next day. We stayed up ALL NIGHT researching places for us to go and landed on the beautiful smokey mountains during Christmas. Our family fell in LOVE and it has become a regular vaction spot ever since.
5. Remember the Titans - I've seen this movie probably 40 times. I know every word and still cry. And seriously, how cute is scrawny, young Ryan Gosling.
6. Fall - Maybe after rereading this list I'll finally accept that I am basic, but I don't even care. What's not to love? PSL, crisp air, boots & scarves, all the pretty colors, the smells! Take me back...
7. Music - I use music for everything. To motivate me, help me focus, heal a hurting soul, celebrate. Some favorite artists: Hillsong United, Darius Rucker, Childish Gambino, Paramore, Steve Miller Band, Rend Collective, Need2breathe
8. Cookie Dough Ice Cream - yum!
9. Gilmore Girls - I've watched the entire series countless times. But was so disappointed with the Netflix special, other than Emily's storyline & seeing Paris still a badass.
10. Dancing - I'm terrible at it, but I love dancing so much. Our family frequently has dance parties in our living room & I'm not ashamed to dance in public... completely sober. It's so much fun!
11. Psalm 86:11-17 - "Train me, God, to walk straight; then I’ll follow your true path. Put me together, one heart and mind; then, undivided, I’ll worship in joyful fear. From the bottom of my heart I thank you, dear Lord; I’ve never kept secret what you’re up to.You’ve always been great toward me—what love! You snatched me from the brink of disaster! God, these bullies have reared their heads! A gang of thugs is after me—and they don’t care a thing about you. But you, O God, are both tender and kind, not easily angered, immense in love, and you never, never quit. So look me in the eye and show kindness, give your servant the strength to go on, save your dear, dear child! Make a show of how much you love me so the bullies who hate me will stand there slack-jawed, As you, God, gently and powerfully put me back on my feet." - such a beautiful passage!
14. Bob Chinns - this is a local restaurant shout out, but I love me some Bob Chinns. For those of you who aren't local to the Chicago burbs, Bob Chinns is a Seafood & Steakhouse and seriously delish!
15. My Family - I'd be nowhere without them. They inspire me to work harder, to keep going on the days that I don't feel like it, and are who I do everything for.
I hope you enjoyed reading a few of my favorite things! Leave a few of your favorite things in the comments.